Reformulation Targets

Page last updated: 20 May 2020

The Reformulation Program will be implemented in two waves, with each wave having a 4 year implementation period. The implementation period for Wave 1 will commence on 1 July 2020. The first wave of the program sees sodium targets set for 27 food categories. A further 5 food categories also have targets for saturated fats. The reformulation targets apply to 80 percent of the product category by sales volume for participating businesses, with businesses to show effort towards reformulating the remaining 20 percent of products.

The following document provides a summary of the food categories and reformulation targets.

Summary of Food Categories and Reformulation Targets (PDF 192 KB)
Summary of Food Categories and Reformulation Targets (Word 23 KB)

Further detail on the Food Category definitions, targets and inclusion and exclusion criteria is contained in the following document.

Food Category definitions (PDF 204 KB)
Food Category definitions (Word 25 KB)